The project aims to implement and disseminate a Footwear Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) methodology and to develop efficient eco-design, recycling and manufacturing solutions, in order to obtain performing shoes with a lower PEF.
In particular, LIFE GreenShoes4All intends to achieve a Single Market for Green Products by promoting the great added value of the innovative PEF Category Rules (PEFCRs) methodology. The project is also intended to test and demonstrate new recycling routes in the EU footwear value chain and to establish and compare, through demonstrative experimentations, innova-tive eco-design concepts and eco processes for shoes manufacturing.
Implement a Footwear Environmental Footprint Category Rules (FEFCRs) methodology
• Establish innovative eco-design concepts and eco-processes for shoes manufacturing with great transfer potential to other sectors (i.e. leather goods, clothes, etc.)
• Test new recycling routes in the EU footwear value chain to reduce raw materials needed and wastes discarded
• Contribute to building a Single Market for Green Products by demonstrating the great added value of the footwear PEFCRs methodology for producers, retailers and consumers
• Allow beneficiaries to acquire experience and knowledge resulting in new services and products to market
Application of FEFCRs’ demonstration pilot to different footwear styles produced in the EU
• Reports on PEFCRs’ applicability to selected shoe styles and recommendations to reduce the environmental footprint
• Development of innovative sustainable green shoes and components, as well as Eco-design, recycling and manufacturing methodologies for low Footwear Environmental Footprint (FEF) & sustainable footwear
• A strategy to ensure sustainability, replicability and transferability of the project to other sectors