Footwear environmental footprint category rules implementation and innovative green shoes ecodesign and recycling.
ARE YOU A “GREEN CONSUMER”?
IS YOUR COMPANY PRODUCING GREEN GOODS IN AN ECO-FRIENDLY WAY?
The project aims to implement, demonstrate and disseminate a Footwear Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) methodology and to develop efficient eco-design, recycling and manufacturing solutions, in order to obtain performing shoes with a lower PEF.
In particular, LIFE GreenShoes4All intends to achieve a Single Market for Green Products by promoting the great added value of the innovative PEF Category Rules (PEFCRs) methodology. The project is also intended to test and demonstrate new recycling routes in the EU footwear value chain and to establish and compare, through demonstrative experimentations, innova-tive eco-design concepts and eco processes for shoes manufacturing.
• Implement a Footwear Environmental Footprint Category Rules (FEFCRs) methodology
• Establish innovative eco-design concepts and eco-processes for shoes manufacturing with great transfer potential to other sectors (i.e. leather goods, clothes, etc.)
• Test new recycling routes in the EU footwear value chain to reduce raw materials needed and wastes discarded
• Contribute to building a Single Market for Green Products by demonstrating the great added value of the footwear PEFCRs methodology for producers, retailers and consumers
• Allow beneficiaries to acquire experience and knowledge resulting in new services and products to market
• Application of FEFCRs’ demonstration pilot to different footwear styles produced in the EU
• Reports on PEFCRs’ applicability to selected shoe styles and recommendations to reduce the environmental footprint
• Development of innovative sustainable green shoes and components, as well as Eco-design, recycling and manufacturing methodologies for low Footwear Environmental Footprint (FEF) & sustainable footwear
• A strategy to ensure sustainability, replicability and transferability of the project to other sectors
The Eco-design Guide for the Footwear Industry developed under the Life GreenShoes4All project intends to be a short guide to support companies that want to incorporate eco-design in the development of lower environmental impact footwear
Today you have the opportunity to fill a questionnaire which will help you answering that question. The answers to the questionnaire will feed the implementation of European Union LIFE project GREEN SHOES 4 ALL
CTCP presents Greenshoes4all project, on 28th november at Aveiro University, during the Seminar about sustainability
The worldwide production of footwear continues to increase,
generating jobs, business and new opportunities to promote
GreenShoes4All project partners would like to have consumer opinion about the interest for Green Products, in particular, for Green Shoes.