Footwear environmental footprint category rules implementation and innovative green shoes ecodesign and recycling.
The project aims to implement, demonstrate and disseminate a Product Environmental Footprint (PEF) methodology for footwear and to develop efficient ecodesign, recycling and manufacturing solutions, in order to obtain performing shoes with a lower PEF
In particular, LIFE GreenShoes4All intends to achieve a Single Market for Green Products by promoting the great added value of the innovative Product Environmental Footprint Category Rules (PEFCR) methodology.
The project also intends to test and demonstrate new recycling routes in the EU footwear value chain and to establish and compare, through demonstrative experimentations, innovative ecodesign concepts and eco-processes for shoe manufacturing.
• Implement a Footwear Environmental Footprint Category Rules (FEFCR) methodology
• Establish innovative ecodesign concepts and eco-processes for shoe manufacturing with great transfer potential to other sectors (i.e. leather goods, clothes, etc.)
• Test new recycling routes in the EU footwear value chain to reduce raw materials needed and wastes discarded
• Contribute to building a Single Market for Green Products by demonstrating the great added value of the footwear PEFCR methodology for producers, retailers and consumers
• Allow beneficiaries to acquire experience and knowledge resulting in new services and products to market
• Application of FEFCR's demonstration pilot to different footwear styles produced in the EU
• Reports on PEFCR's applicability to selected shoe styles and recommendations to reduce the environmental footprint
• Development of innovative sustainable green shoes and components, as well as ecodesign, recycling and manufacturing methodologies for low Footwear Environmental Footprint (FEF) & sustainable footwear
• A strategy to ensure sustainability, replicability and transferability of the project to other sectors